Accounts Receivable Manager
Here at OOFOS, we live to make people feel better. We are the leading brand in a category we pioneered 11 years ago that is vastly growing - recovery footwear. We did this by launching a proprietary foam technology that is scientifically proven to make people feel better in our footwear. This technology is OOfoamTM.
This role will be responsible for managing the accounts receivable team to ensure effective and efficient processing of AR functions. The AR Manager is responsible for overseeing the timely and accurate invoicing of customers, collection and cash application activities, the handling of overdue payments, helping to prepare payment plans for delinquent customers, resolving invoicing issues and assisting the accounts receivable specialists.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Accounts Receivable Manager job duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage day to day activities of the AR department including invoicing, issuing credit memos, monitoring aging and reserves.
- Assist in monitoring and enforcing department policies, procedures and controls while identifying inefficiencies and recommending solutions.
- Work with other departments to identify, research, understand and resolve chargebacks.
- Review weekly Credit Hold reports for Customer Service & Sales team.
- Responsible for review and maintenance of customer database.
- Work with staff in handling more complicated transactions and problems.
- Negotiate with customers on past due amounts; create and enforce approved payment plans.
- Manage the monthly AR close process including reconciliation of AR subledger to GL.
- Review monthly reports indicating new account activity and open credit limits.
- Develop KPI’s to track the success of the AR team.
- Manage information requests during year-end audits.
- Minimum of five years of AR, collections and billing experience.
- Chargeback experience especially with big box retailers.
- Experienced in leading a team and implementing process improvements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field, Accounting Certificate or a combination of higher education course work and related work experience in Business or Accounting.
- Strong business acumen as well as problem solving skills.
- Well organized, detailed oriented, able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- High standards of ethics and respect for confidentiality.
- Ability to effectively manage time-sensitive, high visibility projects concurrently.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in written form with all levels of personnel.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, experience with NetSuite is a plus.
Job Type: Full Time – Exempt
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk or working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time.