Field Marketing Rep - North Carolina
The OOTech Rep’s primary function is to be the Field Marketing Rep for the OOFOS brand, creating strong relationships within retail stores and active participation at select OOFOS supported events. You will be the eyes, ears, and voice out on the road for the assigned territory and the OOFOS brand. As a Tech Rep, you'll ensure sell-through of OOFOS footwear through creative retail in-store clinics, teaching of OOFOS brand and product stories by means of personal retail/consumer experiences, direct selling of product at events and providing local marketplace insights/opportunities. You will create energy and passion for the brand by sharing OOFOS history and heritage. You will manage a territory of accounts covering multiple reps and channels in run specialty, outdoor specialty, and fitness, ensuring that every customer interaction leaves them feeling the OO!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Education: Create and conduct dynamic product clinics covering all technical features and benefits of OOFOS footwear. Communicate the unique OOFOS benefits and value-proposition to consumers in-store, at events and through industry networking.
- Marketing: Lead marketing initiatives and execution with retail partners through mediums including, but not limited to, social media, email, web, catalog.
- Exposure: Be the OOFOS Brand Ambassador for specified retail accounts, establishing strong relationships and credibility. Provide team support and expertise during tradeshows, sales presentations and product meetings. Integrate yourself into assigned territory by participation and support of grassroots events, consumer events and community organizations.
- Communication: Create strong reporting and open communication from the field to members of OOFOS headquarters through the use of email, phone and OOTech tools (Repsly, Slack, etc.). Also seek to create frequent and meaningful dialogue with both the territory sales rep and key accounts so that you are always top-of-mind and tip-of-tongue.
- Merchandising: Distribute and install POS materials within designated retail locations (i.e. shelves, banners, displays, etc.). Leverage merchandising materials to work with customers on creating unique displays in the difficult specialty world, all while maintaining a consistent look and feel to the brand across channels and doors. Occasional requirement to assist or install elevated POP, such as shop-in-shops, will be requested.
Opportunity: Identify fill-in opportunities and submit Repsly reports that chronicle the details of store visits and events. Each report will be based on feedback from the following areas:
- General visit notes (i.e. employees present, inventory levels, shipping issues, POS requests, etc.)
- Product feedback including competition
- Sell through information including competition
- In-store promotions including competition (i.e. sales contests and GWP)
- Event details (estimated attendance, photos, shoe sales, try-ons, etc.)
- Maintain monthly travel calendar along with weekly travel routes.
- Maintain strong relationships and touch-points across accounts and reps within territory
- Assist in identification of At Once business and branding improvement opportunities
- Drive retail marketing initiatives
- Utilize Repsly to report on activities (account visits, demos, events, etc.) and travel within territory
- Enhance in-store appearance through creation of 3-pt play in-store
- Identify opportunities to expand in-store presence through elevated POP strategies
- Drive identification, communication, and execution of events (with Events manager) in territory
- Develop and leverage local community via OOCrew program for additional support and advocacy
- BA or BS in marketing, business, or related field
- 1-2 years in retail, sales or field marketing preferred
- Strong relationship and communication, both oral and written, skills required
- Organized multitasker, with the ability to plan, prioritize and analyze
- Team-oriented, but independently driven to improve
- Ability to travel for events, conferences and relationship-building opportunities. May include nights and weekends.
- 1-2 years in run, outdoor or fitness industry in a field-based role
- Team Sport experience and/or participation
- Experience using field CRM tools
- Experienced in Microsoft office and the google suite